Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Content from Wikipedia|
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article is located at NBC and its authors can be viewed here. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license.|
|This article is written from a real-world point of view.|
The National Broadcasting Company (NBC) is an American television network and former radio network headquartered in the GE Building in New York City with additional major offices in Burbank, California. It is sometimes referred to as the Peacock Network due to its stylized peacock logo, created originally for color broadcasts. Formed in 1926 by the Radio Corporation of America (RCA), NBC was the first major broadcast network in the United States. In 1986, control of NBC passed to General Electric (GE), with GE's $6.4 billion purchase of RCA. GE had previously owned RCA and NBC until 1930, when it had been forced to sell the company as a result of antitrust charges. After the acquisition, the chief executive of NBC was Bob Wright]], until he retired, giving his job to Jeff Zucker]]. The network is currently part of the media company NBC Universal, a unit of General Electric, which, on December 1, 2009, purchased the remaining 20% stake of NBC Universal which it did not already own from Vivendi. On December 3, 2009, Comcast announced it will purchase a 51% stake of NBC Universal. NBC is available in an estimated 112 million households, 98.6% of those with televisions. NBC has 10 owned-and-operated stations and nearly 200 affiliates in the United States and its territories.
Parks and Recreation is featured as part of NBC's Thursday must see comedy block. It took over Kath and Kim's place in the line up after it's cancellation. Other shows included in the block are The Office, 30 Rock, Community, and The Jay Leno Show.
- ↑ "Company Overview". NBC Universal. http://www.nbcuni.com/About_NBC_Universal/Company_Overview/overview02.shtml. Retrieved 2008-03-25.
- ↑ "List of United States over-the-air television networks". Entomology. http://www.myinfo24.com/index.php?vc=2&visilex_key=List_of_United_States_over-the-air_television_networks_0dca.html. Retrieved 2008-03-25.
- Official website
- NBC press releases and photos on NBC Universal Media Village
- Museum of Broadcast Communications - NBC History
- NBC corporate archive at the Wisconsin Historical Society - The original NBC office files from 1921-1955 (1.2 million documents, 3100 audio recordings)