Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Leslie informs the staff that they all owe "like $90" for flowers she sent to Ron, who is out for hernia surgery
- Leslie ordered a bouquet of daffodils from a website after a few glasses of wine
- Donna is definitely getting some daffodils
- Tom might be getting some too
- only time will tell if Jerry will be getting any
- she also informs everyone she will be leaving early to judge the Miss Pawnee Beauty Pageant
- it's a responsibility she takes very seriously
- Tom wants to be a judge
- April can't believe Leslie likes beauty pageants
- Leslie explains that whoever Miss Pawnee is will be "the representative of womanhood in our town"
- Leslie assures her that, as a judge, whoever wins this year will be chosen for her talent and poise
- Tom's interest is peaked with the prospect that the girls of Talent and Poise might be there
- "Talent and Poise" is a strip club by the VA hospital
- Tom has meetings there
- Leslie is disgusted
- Tom corrects her; The Glitter Factory is disgusting
- Tom does not recommend "The Glitter Factory"
- April brings Leslie a mocha with extra, extra whipped cream from The Grind
- April informs her that, completely unrelated, she just signed up for the Miss Pawnee Beauty Pageant
- Leslie adds some sugar to her coffee as she explains her reason for becoming a judge
- "So awesome girls like you, who are not (you know) classically hot, can be rewarded for their intelligence and savvy."
- April only signed up because she found out the winner gets $600
- April can be idiotic for $600
- calling Leslie "sister" April asks if she will vote for
- Leslie tells her it would be unethical to show favoritism
- April tells Leslie that the coffee is $7
- Tom is schmoozing on the phone ("call in a few favors") to be judge for the beauty pageant
- "If you don't call in favors to look at women in bikinis and assign them numerical grades, what the hell do you call in favors for?"
- Officer Sanderson is at City Hall to look at the murals
- Leslie is more than happy to act as guide
- a few years in the 1880's were rough and tumble in Pawnee
- the mural they are viewing depicts a fight between Reverand Bradley and Annabeth Stephenson, the widowed mother of seven
- the original title was "A Lively Fisting" but was changed for obvious reasons
- Officer Sanderson admits to the documentary crew that he didn't come to look at murals, but to ask Leslie out on a date
- in Leslie's office, Officer Sanderson tells her that he really likes her and asks her if she'd want to get a coffee "or something sometime"
- as Leslie checks her schedule book, Officer Sanderson asks about her grandma, referring to a picture behind her
- Leslie tells him that the picture is of Madeleine Albright
- Officer Sanderson usually calls his grandma "Nana"
- reacting to Officer Sanderson's political naivite, Leslie begins to waver saying that she has a few days, but won't be specific
- Officer Sanderson suggest they "lock it in later"
- as he leaves, Officer Sanderson sees several other official portraits in Leslie's office and calls them "ladies"
- out in the courtyard having lunch with Ann, Leslie describes Officer Sanderson not knowing who Madeleine Albright is as "awful"
- Ann asks "Who?"
- at first Leslie cannot believe Ann doesn't know who Madeleine Albright is either, but Ann didn't know who didn't know who Madeleine Albright was
- Leslie tells Ann that it was "Dave, that cop that I met"
- Leslie doesn't know if she can date someone who doesn't share her interests
- Leslie asks Ann if she could date "someone who doesn't love giving vaccinations?"
- Ann has never dated anyone "who loves giving vaccinations."
- Ann visits Mark in his office to ask if he can fix things
- her shower is "leaky, low pressure, just all around terrible"
- Mark offers to come over after work
- Ann promises to cook "a cheap, quick dinner"
- Leslie and Tom arrive at the pageant and introduce themselves to some of the other judges
- Leslie hopes all the judges will share her criteria when selecting the next Miss Pawnee to "represent our fine town"
- Tom is too busy to agree with Leslie as he is guessing the contestants' bra sizes
- the emcee, Martin Housely, introduces the contestants
- listening to Trish Ianetta drone on during her introduction, Leslie says, "Well, you know, they can't all be winners."
- once Trish finishes, Tom declares, "looks like we got a front-runner, guys."
- wears a suit with tie
- the show title is shown when the piccolo begins
- an extended 30 second version of the theme plays
What Officer Sanderson thinks of LeslieEdit
- she's cool
- she's smart
- a little intimidating
Judges for the Miss Pawnee Beauty Pageant, 2009Edit
- Leslie Knope
- Tom Haverford, Leslie's colleague
- Jessica Wickes, Miss Pawnee 1994
- Ray Holstead, from Ray's Sandwich Place
- Charles Woliner, who has judged every Miss Pawnee pageant for the last 30 years (he "made Jessica")
Criteria Leslie hopes the judges will useEdit
- forward-thinking woman
Women Tom hits onEdit
- Jessica Wickes
- "I recognized you right away," he takes her hand, "and, may I say you look more beautiful now than you did when you won the crown." He kisses her hand.
- all of the contestants (except April)
- he guesses the bra sizes of five of the six (34C, 36B, 34B, 34D, 32A "How did you get in here!?")
- "You're perfect each and every one of you, God Bless."
Contestants for Miss Pawnee Beauty Pageant, 2009Edit
As introduced by emcee Martin Housely, with a brief autobiographical statement:
- April Ludgate
- "Hi, I'm April Ludgate. I'm 20 years old. I like people, places and things! And Pawnee is my favorite place in the world!"
- Susan Gleever
- "Hi everyone, I'm Susan. I'm a history major at Indiana State, I play classical piano and I volunteer at the Children's Hospital"
- Trish Ianetta
- "Hi y'all! I'm Trish. I'm 22 years old, I've been on YouTube, um, I love to hang out with my friends, I love to laugh, I love summertime and going to the beach and I love wearing bikinis at the beach with everyone there. I just want everyone ... Are y'all havin' a good time?"