|This article is written from a real-world point of view.|
Aubrey Christina Plaza (born June 26, 1984) is an American comedian, writer and actress. She has worked with Liz Cackowski and Bill Hader and plays April Ludgate on the TV sitcom Parks and Recreation.
Life and careerEdit
Plaza is originally from Wilmington, Delaware, and is a graduate of Ursuline Academy in 2002 and New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in 2006. She is of Puerto Rican and Irish/English descent. She has been performing improv and sketch comedy at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater since 2004. She also recently began performing stand-up and has appeared at the Laugh Factory and The Improv. In 2008, she was seen in the Improv Everywhere prank "Mobile Desktop", in which she and five other people brought desktop PCs, including a CRT screen, tower computer, keyboard and mouse into a Starbucks and used them just as people use laptops there.
Plaza starred in the online series The Jeannie Tate Show, and stars as Robin Gibney in ESPN's Mayne Street.
She played Seth Rogen's love interest, Daisy, in 2009's Funny People directed by Judd Apatow. She also has roles in the comedy features Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (in which she plays Julie Powers) and Derrick Comedy's Mystery Team which debuted at 2009 Sundance.
- Killswitch (2006) – Girl with massive head wound
- In Love (2006) – Julie
- 30 Rock (2006, TV) – NBC Page (1 episode, "Tracy Does Conan")
- The Jeannie Tate Show (2007, online) – Tina Tate
- Mayne Street (2008, TV) – Robin Gibney
- Mystery Team – Kelly
- Funny People (2009) – Daisy Danby
- Parks and Recreation (2009–2015) – April Ludgate
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010) - Julie Powers
- Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) - Darius
- ↑ August 2009 interview lists her as "25" - http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-plaza3-2009aug03,0,1417802.story
- ↑ http://www.nydailynews.com/latino/2009/06/11/2009-06-11_this_girls_no_slouch.html
- ↑ Aubrey Plaza at the Internet Movie Database